This page has moved to a new address.

I Got A Care Package!

La Petite Maison Verte: I Got A Care Package!

Friday, March 2, 2012

I Got A Care Package!

This morning I ate leftover  cinnamon-vanilla oatmeal from yesterday morning.  Sans bananas, as we are completely out.  I had prepared a double batch and put the second half into a plastic container in the fridge so today's breakfast took all of 2 1/2 minutes.


I stirred in some chia seeds, almond butter and a little almond milk (Trader Joe's brand of unsweetened vanilla-almond milk is AWESOME!) to loosen up the cold oatmeal.  Then, poured it into a bowl and microwaved the whole thing for about 2 minutes.  Piping Hot!


And topped it with some Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola (swoon).


Dang, it was good.

Later this morning, a Care Package arrived with MY name on it!  It was from my Mom :-)


It was definitely the BEST care package I have ever received:  Two jars of Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter (like Biscoff spread), two Speculoos-filled Dark Chocolate bars, and two fun specialty coffee flavors from The Fresh Market (Chocolate and Coconut-Almond!!).  And a little candle and a couple of cut-out magazine articles for me to read (which is soo Mom-like, isn't it?).

Oh my heavens, the Speculoos Cookie Butter is INSANE.  It's like a creamy, gingery, peanut-buttery COOKIE!


I just wish the care package had come a few hours earlier because it would have been AMAZING on top of my oatmeal this morning.  Oh well, there's always tomorrow.



How would YOU eat your Cookie Butter?  CB+J sandwich perhaps?  On toast?  Mixed with oatmeal?  Straight from the jar with a spoon?

What was in the BEST care package you have ever received, or if you have never gotten one tell me what would be in your DREAM care package?

Happy Friday folks :-)  Did I mention my race is this Sunday?!  Eeek!


Photobucket

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM , Anonymous -Colleen & Ben said...

This girl right here is uuber jealous!! What an awesome care package from mommy!! The magazine cut-outs are SOOOOO her. I think I get a magazine cut out in the mail at least 2-3 times a month ;)

 
At March 5, 2012 at 5:18 PM , Anonymous Jules said...

It rocked. That cookie butter is off the chain! I can't go a whole day without eating a spoonful of it. True story.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home