This page has moved to a new address.

Smoothie Love

La Petite Maison Verte: Smoothie Love

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Smoothie Love

I've been lovin' me some smoothies lately. Often after a workout, it's just the boost I need to get me to my next meal.


This particularly gorgeous-hued purple one was a berry smoothie: fresh strawberries and frozen blueberries we had in the freezer, plus some plain non-fat yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla protein powder and a few ice cubes.

Some other favorite flavor combinations:
  • strawberry-banana: substitute fresh or frozen banana chunks instead of blueberries
  • chocolate-peanut butter banana: add 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter and use chocolate-flavored protein
  • blackberry-canteloupe: chunks of fresh canteloupe and frozen unsweetened blackberries
The sky's the limit. What's your favorite way to make a smoothie?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home