This page has moved to a new address.

Stars and Stripes

La Petite Maison Verte: Stars and Stripes

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stars and Stripes

This morning I was seeing stars on my run...at least at the end of my run, I was so tired.  It's amazing how quickly your body loses conditioning when you are injured.  Today I set a goal of running 2 miles (comfortable pace for me is around 9 min/mile) and I completed it.  My foot and ankle felt stiff the whole time but I didn't have any pain, so I feel pretty good about that.  I'll still ice it and take the anti-inflammatory meds because it couldn't hurt.

I was a little slower than my regular pace of 9 minute miles (I ran 2.1 miles in 19:26 - definitely need to get one of those fancy Garmin watches eventually.  Maybe next birthday?!) BUT I finished it and that was the longest I've been able to run since the tendonitis started.

Breakfast will be a big GREEN smoothie!  After all of the fair food I ate yesterday (I'll talk about that later) my body is just BEGGING for some fresh, raw fruits and vegetables.  I'm thinking baby spinach, frozen blackberries, banana and vanilla protein powder...

This morning Brian and I are running out the door to plant flags in our neighborhood to welcome home a US Marine who was severely wounded in Afghanistan.  Corporal Michael Nicholson will be returning home to his parents house tomorrow and all of the neighbors will display the American flag on their lawns.  I'm so excited to welcome this young warrior home. 

http://www.facebook.com/MichaelNicholsonFund

Photobucket

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 18, 2012 at 6:39 AM , Anonymous vtbRUNSsav said...

I am glad your ankle didn't hurt too bad on your run! But I totally think Brian should get you a garmin for your birthday, anniversary, Easter, President's Day or completing your first race... present.

 
At February 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM , Anonymous Jules said...

I LOVE that idea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home