This page has moved to a new address.

Breaking (Eggs at) Dawn

La Petite Maison Verte: Breaking (Eggs at) Dawn

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Breaking (Eggs at) Dawn

Hopefully I don't offend any Twilight-fanatics with today's post title.  It just seemed appropriate, given my breakfast this morning:


One Kashi 7-grain waffle, toasted to crispy perfection.  Topped with a mound of Fage Total 2% greek yogurt, sliced strawberries, a small dollop of Trader Joe's Roasted Creamy Unsweetened Almond Butter and a sprinkle of Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Plus granola.

On the side: one egg, scrambled.  And coffee, glorious coffee.


The serving size for these Kashi 7-grain waffles is two waffles, but I only ate one today since I was loading it up with yogurt and eating an egg on the side.  This was one FILLING breakfast!  And so, so delicious.

I made the same breakfast for Brian but increased his portion size because the man has not one but TWO hollow legs.  I served him two waffles (dressed the same as mine) and three scrambled eggs.  And he likes things sweeter than I do, so he added a little Maple Syrup to his waffle stack.  He loved it!  Husband-Approved :-)


I have a ton of work to do today and I am hoping to complete and post Part 2 of my series on my first race experience: Preparation.  Stay tuned!

Does your husband/boyfriend/fiance/male-person-in-your-life eat twice as much as you do?  This topic came up in the Joy The Baker Podcast I listened to yesterday afternoon, and I was wondering:  What do YOU think about a guy that has a small appetite?  


Photobucket

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home