This page has moved to a new address.

Hot (Pita) Pocket

La Petite Maison Verte: Hot (Pita) Pocket

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hot (Pita) Pocket

This morning I woke up sore, like hit-by-a-mack-truck sore.  I am feeling muscles on the outsides of my hips that I had forgotten existed (Gluteus Medius for you physical therapy peeps out there!).  Probably due to the single-leg dead-lifts from yesterday's Leg Workout.  That exercise showed me just how bad my balance is - I was wobbling all over the place!  I am going to start to incorporate exercises that work specifically on my balance and core control in upright single-limb stance a couple of times a week in the gym, probably using the Bosu available there.



Breakfast this morning was a Trader Joe's Whole Wheat Pita that I split in half and toasted.  I was feeling a little indecisive about what I wanted on it so I topped half with Trader Joe's Unsalted Almond Butter + sliced banana and the other half Almond Butter + Strawberry Jam.  For a little texture I added a sprinkling of my Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax granola and for protein had two hardboiled eggs with S+P.  Coffee x2 and water (as usual).



I know you're supposed to put the stuff on the inside of the pita bread (that's what the pocket is there for) but I think you can taste it better when it's on top!  



I picked up these Pitas from Trader Joe's because of the short and easily-pronounced ingredient list.  Plus they have 4 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber for one pita and 0 grams of sugar - and just 100 calories. I'd say that's a pretty good nutritional bargain ;-)  They tasted great too!




I've mentioned before how I'm a huge fan of Trader Joe's Almond Butter.  It's 100% almonds, no salt, no sugar, no artificial ingredients or oils.  And I'm a fan of it's price tag compared to the same thing at Whole Foods!




I'm off to start my day, make sure to check back later this afternoon for a really delicious Quinoa-Oatmeal Cookie recipe!  It will not disappoint!

Photobucket

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home