This page has moved to a new address.

Mean Green Smoothie Bowl

La Petite Maison Verte: Mean Green Smoothie Bowl

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mean Green Smoothie Bowl

The other day I mentioned that we went to the Florida State Fair, and while I didn't end up eating any deep fried oreos (sad face!) I ate plenty of sugary and grease-laden foods.  Unfortunately because it was raining off and on all day, I decided to leave my camera in the car and so I didn't take any pictures of our eats.  But just to give you an idea, I shared the following foods with Brian and my sister-in-law who joined us for the day:

We started with a foil pouch filled with mashed potatoes, sirloin tips, mushrooms and onions (it was GOOD), then a sausage with peppers and onions was consumed (not by me).  This was followed by a basket of chicken tenders with honey mustard and then it got really good...  We split a strawberry napoleon and a strawberry milkshake, then I had a few bites of a  cannoli cupcake and a chocolate cupcake with bacon and then I ate my own cookies and cream cupcake.

Wow, seriously regretting the whole no-camera thing....

Anyway, my point is that I was feeling really overloaded with sugar, I was dehydrated and needing some protein and greens.  The next morning (Saturday), I was craving a big green high-protein smoothie.

I just combined one packet of Jay Robb's vanilla whey protein with about 6 oz of water, added two big handfuls of baby spinach and about 3 or 4 ice cubes in the blender and blended away!  Topped it with a small handful of Kashi Heart To Heart Honey Toasted Oat cereal.  I usually add frozen or fresh fruit too but this time my body just wanted the protein and the greens...and a little cereal for CRUNCH.

It's fun to eat a smoothie with a spoon!

Side note:  at the Florida State Fair there was a guy doing demos of the Vitamix (that I have been wanting forever!) and he made sorbet with a whole lemon, some avocado (for creaminess), purple cabbage and white grape juice (and maybe a few other things I'm forgetting) in about 1 or 2 minutes.  It was AMAZING.  Rocked my world.

Yesterday was our Trader Joe's trip!  It was awesome, we were able to get about 95% of the items on our list (the other 5% were sold out).  We stocked up on their Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon ($10.99/lb is hard to beat!) along with some other fish, some baking essentials, a bunch of snacks, lots of VINO, and a ton of pantry essentials.  We enjoyed exploring Naples too!  A friend of mine who lives there gave us some great dog-friendly recommendations.  I'm already looking forward to our return trip :-)




Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home